ATE independent 4 channel Bit Error Rate Tester up to 100 GbpsAs you are looking on this web page, your computer is rendering graphics, copying data from memory to storage devices and sending image data to your display. All of these data connections have one in common: they are using differential signaling on a serial link. Almost all of our today’s electronics use this method. Here are just some very familiar examples:
- Serial ATA 3 up to 6 Gbit/s
- PCI Express 2 up to 5.0 Gbit/s per lane
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet up to 10 Gbit/s (4 differential pairs running at 2.5 Gbit/s each)
- USB 3 up to 5 Gbit/s
- HDMI 2.1 up to 48 Gbit/s
Since the datarates of these links increase year by year, it is hard to keep up and exessivly expensive to adopt the increasing signal speeds to your existing ATE. A 4x 24 Gbit/s connection, combined into a 100 Gbit/s link is just state of the art in 2017. What comes next?
With our High Speed Interconnect solution HSI-BERT and HSI-DSO you will get the tools you need to cope with today’s challenges of high speed signals by just upgrading your existing ATE at a feasable amount of investments.
for Multi-Lane testing
bandwidth per channel
TX Amplitude Resolution
Random Jitter RMS
This compact instrument is a low cost Bit Error Rate Tester (BERT) with signal generator for jitter tolerance testing, as well as data analysis functions integrated in a single module. Its ultra small footprint means that it can be used for high volume manufacturing as well as comprehensive device characterization.
Targeted ApplicationsThe HSI-BERT is the perfect match for rate testing in ATE applications used for wafer sort and packaged parts tests, Ultra High Speed Backplane Test Solutions, emphasis and skew tolerance tests, High-Speed SerDes Testing & Characterization, Multi-Lane BERT testing, ideal for high port count volume production testing or as a 100GbE Device Test Solution for High quality and functional test signals.
- 4 Lane Bit Error Rate Tester from 9-15 and 22-30 Gbps
- Fits in the V93K & Teradyne Catalyst / FLEX / UltraFLEX
- Direct ATE as well as Fast Ethernet control
- High performance specifications, e.g.:
- 19/16ps Rise/Fall Times
- 400fs RMS jitter, 6ps Deterministic Jitter
- Output Level max. 1600mVpp differential
- 25mVpp sensitivity
- Windows-based Graphical User Interface
- Bathtub & Eyescan measurements
- Four independent parallel BERT lanes
- Data Rates from 9-15 and 22-30 Gbps; BER less than 1E-17.
- Independent voltage level adjust- ment for each of the 4 outputs
- High fidelity signal capture, low intrinsic Jitter
- Support for external API calls from other so ware e.g. LabView
- Compact form factor for integration into load board for most ATE systems
Product Flyer (PDF)